That’s a wrap. It’s time to cleanse.

Whew! Well now that Christmas is over, it still seems like there is so much to do.

For me it’s time to cleanse the mind, body, soul, and let’s not forget the home. We all know that it can be hard to not get caught up in the commercialism that can surround Christmas. So this year while I crash cleanse my gut I’ll also be asking my children to cleanse their rooms of gently used toys that are no longer on the favorite list. The plan is to donate them to a nearby preschool and Goodwill.

Congruently, I’ve decided that there is no need to wait for the spring to purge the house of all the extras that clutter the house. Being relaxed has its pluses. And while I truly believe in not trying to be perfectly put together in any part of life, life is now under control enough to add a little more structure back in to our home. Organization time!

To cleanse my mind yoga will be making a big come back. Yoga is a life centering practice that made an appearance in my day-to-day way too late in life. With even only practicing once a week there are still great mental and physical health benefits. For those who have never practiced it’s almost like having the ability to hit pause on your mind and fast forward on your body through exertion of controlled movement. It is wonderful.

So I will be cleanse, cleanse, cleansing away. What will you be doing in the coming week or month?

Advertisements

35 thoughts on “That’s a wrap. It’s time to cleanse.

1. foodiefindshome says:

Savouring. Relishing. Relaxing. Reflecting. Eating. Laughing. Running. Writing. Reading. Interacting. Did I mention eating? LOL! These moments don’t last always, and my little ones won’t be this size, this way forever, so memories it’ll be. I’ll be making memories. I don’t want them to look back and say mom was so busy, Christmas and the new year was so much fluster and work. So while many will be practicing the cleanse and purge this week. I will be practicing the laughter, reflection, and pause.

2. Laura says:

I love how you incorporate ‘cleanse’ in so many areas of your life. It is so important to clean out so that we can continue to grow. I do the same thing with my son, when new toys come in, old ones he’s outgrown go out and I make sure he is involved in the process. I feel it is an important lesson for life.

3. amandahrosson says:

Love this! I too need to do some cleansing of the mind, body, and soul. I’m planning on doing a bit of decluttering of my closet and makeup collection to start!

4. annalisanuttall says:

Haha I’m still celebrating Christmas. I got Christmas part 3 at the weekend. As soon as that is over I’m hitting the gym and detoxing my body and brain. xx

5. Jennifer Marx (JenuineMom) says:

Yes, indeed, time to cleanse! I’m going to start with my diet, but it’ll have to wait until after this weekend because there’s too much socializing left to do and too many sweet gifts in the house.

6. cvnxena says:

I love the idea of a cleanse between Christmas and New Year, although this year I will be trying to get ahead with work and coursework as I started my own business this year!

7. rebj1990 says:

I completely agree! My New Years resolution is to be more organized and to cleanse my house. It’s amazing how much stuff laying around your house that you’ll never actually use.
    cranecreations.org